Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 5: 30 days Raw

Hello! Friday is here! Two kids home sick, so I'm a bit worn out. This a.m. I had water first. Don't forget your water!

Today I enjoyed:
Green Smoothie: spinach, banana, bluberries and water
about 9 dates! Maybe 10.
1 tspn raw honey
iceburg salad w/toms, red onions, oil/vin and fresh rasps s&p
WATER
Romaine hearts (2 big 2 tiny) stuffed with my slaw, chopped avos, toms, sprouts, sunflower seeds & fresh lemon juice...I just LOVE eating this! It is so filling and I was stuffed!
2 dates
1 very vanilla silk milk coffee drink (I added coffee concentrate) (not raw, obviously, but satisfying)
1 tsp (less really) of raw honey
Amazing HUGE mixed baby greens salad w/chopped grn peppers/grape toms/brocc/carrots and a fresh orange, ginger and honey dressing I put together. DELISH

Today was nice. I had some tired moments, but overall I feel very alert, mentally clear and just joyful! I really enjoyed my mixed green salad and that is saying A LOT. I am NOT a salad lover, so this raw journey is a mixed feeling thing for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE veggies, but I am so used to having them steamed and hot! I have never liked lettuce type salads very much, I just don't crave them. I didn't want to end up eating oil/vinegar dressing every day, so I thought, what else is there that is raw? Fresh squeezed lemon? Mmmm, sure, ok, but no. So I just mixed some honey, some coconut oil (it is liquid in our house, it's warm), chopped garlic (the kind in oil in a jar..McCormick(not raw but whole and all I had), a little ginger powder and fresh squeezed orange juice and a sprinkle of citrus sea salt that I found on clearance for about $2. I think reg. sea salt would be fine. It was about a 1/3 of cup worth when I was done. I drizzled over the salad and let it sit a bit as I made my girls a smoothie. When I ate it? OH MY! It was the perfect blend of honey, oj and oil I guess! It was unbelievably good and sweet yet tart. I loved loved loved it! I now have another dressing recipe..yippee! :) I also like the coconut oil for my hands and rough spots and it makes me smell divine! Joy...til tomorrow.
warmth,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment