Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 4: 30 days Raw

Hello! It is Thursday and I feel pretty good! I'm a little cranky if I don't eat early (I usually don't) because my food is light, it digests faster and I get HUNGRY! Weighed in today (put some new batts in the scale) and was at 176 even. Hmm! That is a drop in weight, albeit a small one. I like it though. At the end of the day I can tell you I did cheat, but I avoided a HUGE bread cheat that was looming..all because I watched a few videos about others being successful and that motivated me! The big cheat today? A DONUT! Yes! With sugar and icing and filling..it was really good, but it was TOO MUCH. I felt pretty yucky almost right away while also feeling happy. Weird. Anyhow, I immediately went and ate some greens and sprouts on my endive to combat just that sugar sitting in my gut. The raw food really helped.

Today I ate:
Larabar: choco-coconut bar
water
1 banana
couple bites avo apple salad (I added cinnamon to this batch, like a dessert!)
several dates
4 romaine leaves (dinner)stuffed/spread with: Hummus (sabra, not raw but I didn't eat it with bread which is how I ALWAYS eat it, it was good with my greens though), toms, sprouts, my slaw, avo/apple salad and it was sooooooooooooooo good!
small smoothie with water (I drank what was left of one I made my hubby, spin, ban, blues and water.
2 romaine heart leaves (lunch) with sprouts/diced avo/lemon/toms/pepper
1 soymilk (Silk) and coffee concentrate drink.
Lots of water
small spoonful of raw honey

There is raw hummus. I have made it before. It was ok. I am used to Sabra hummus (cooked chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, tahini (sesame seeds ground), etc. So smooth! One of my FAVORITE foods. I always eat it with whole wheat pita that I toast then cut into triangles. But, bread is a no-no right now. So I gave in to the hummus only. Here is what I did:

Spread my long romaine hearts with hummus, added slaw topped with roms and then with sprouts. Nosh Nosh Nosh!!! So very yummy. SO VERY filling! And, water! I felt pretty good today energy-wise. But, as you can see, the cravings!!! I think going to the grocery store hungry was a very very bad thing! I was only there to get meds for my kiddo, but the 20 minute wait sent me browsing through the store while I was hungry. So I got donuts and hummus. Sigh. Not too bad though!! I ate almost all raw today and I'm still encouraged! Yay raw!!

Til tomorrow,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment