Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 3: 30 days Raw

Hello! Day 3, Wednesday. Tired again. (but you know, this is not unusual for me to be tired or sapped of energy, this is one of the reasons I am doing this!)

I find it good to make a big bowl or two of my favorite salad foods to have on hand, ready. If you get hungry, you can grab it and start gnoshing! This is true of the Asian salad I love. It is easy and yummy! Today I bought some endive leaves to make lettuce rolls or tacos. I saw someone online eating their salad mixings all rolled up, it looked good and I miss sandwiches! It worked ridiculously well and I loved it!

Today I enjoyed:
5 raw almonds
10oz bottle of Naked Grn Machine juice from Starbucks (was out with my daughter)
1 2oz size (ate half) Raw blueberry bar (from Two Moms in the Raw), it was ok.
Endive leaves spread with my slaw, topped with avocado and toms, squeezed lemon and sprouts (not my own, living alfalfa from the store) and raw sunflower seeds. YUMMY! I had 2 1/2 of them and my kids ate them with me..they loved them!
Smoothie: ban, spin, 1 date, apple chunks
5-7 dates (pitted, no preservatives)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y8Z78G3WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
1 tbsp raw honey
2 almonds
bowl of apple avocado salad
bowl of asian slaw
big fat swig of soy milk

I ate alot today and that is ok. I am not limiting how much I eat right now. I am just limiting WHAT I eat! I had a non-raw juice..but not much cheating today. I was mostly satisfied! :)
I also understand that many raw food lovers do not eat ANY animal products, including honey. I understand their reasons and I am grateful for their input. For myself, and for now, I am enjoying the honey and the healing and amazing nutrition content it contains. It also satisfies my sweet tooth. It is THICK and so sweet! It is like candy and a scoop on a spoon can cure a craving!

I think knowing I can eat when I want to will help me not feel deprived and help me to stick to it! If I want a whole avocado, then I will eat it! I know it is high in fat, but it is raw and that is my goal right now. They are yummy! Again, having stuff available is so important! Also, I am a snacker, so almonds, dates, carrots, apples, good to have on hand ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment